Saturday, March 10, 2012

Problem Solved!

Sylvie's 4th birthday is around the corner, so she and I worked together to design and create invitations for her "Fancy Dress-Up Tea Party".  We had a lot of fun making these on the Cricut Expression machine. We used the "Once Upon A Princess" cartridge.  In case anyone is interested, I'll put the particulars at the bottom of this post.

Now for the problem.  We created the card about as large as we could using an 8 X 11 piece of cardstock, because we wanted a lot of detail on the front.  However, I couldn't figure out how to make an envelope large enough for the card out of the same 8 X 11 cardstock.  Then I thought, why not wrap it up in a piece of parchment paper and tie it up like a package?

I think the result is far better than a boring old envelope.  You get a peak at the fabulous card inside and the baker's twine tie makes it feel like a present.  I added a tag and had Sylvie write her friend's names.  How sweet!






Now for the particulars:

I created the card at 6".
The doll and all her clothes were created at 5".
The crown with "4" in the middle was created "real dial size" at 1".
The tag was created "real dial size" 1.5"
All components were created from the "Once Upon A Princess" cartridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment